Tickets are sold by Ticketlink as agent for and on behalf of “The Presenter” (the party who presents the event, including a promoter or producer or venue as the case may be, details of which are available from Ticketlink, and whose name may appear on the front of the ticket), and subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. The “The Presenter” reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, vary prices, advertised programmes, venue, seating arrangements & audience capacity.
3. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from Ticketlink or any other authorised points of sale.
4. The right of admission is reserved and late arrival may result in non- admittance until a suitable break in the programme or non-admittance to the event.
5. The ticket holder must comply with all security requirement of “The Presenter” as a condition of admission to the event, which may include but not be limited to a search of a person and/or their possessions (including bags and clothing) and/or confiscation of prohibited items, at the time of entry to the venue.
6. In the event that General Admission (non-allocated seat) tickets are lost, they cannot be reprinted due to the potential for duplication or fraud. It is strongly advised that you choose the secure option for delivery of your tickets, or collect in person from Ticketlink or the “Venue” and keep in a secure place.
7. The right is reserved to charge a fee for replacement of tickets.
8. Audio & video recording devices may not be permitted into the “Venue”.
9. Ticket refunds and exchanges are at the discretion of the event promoter. Therefore some events will allow refunds/exchanges and some will not. Please check with ticket office staff when purchasing your tickets.
10. Tickets are sold, exchanged and refunded subject to the conditions printed on the ticket (front and reverse) and in accordance with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice
11. When refunds are permitted, or in the event of the cancellation of a performance, monies will only be refunded to the credit card or eftpos card that was originally used to purchase the ticket/s. When the purchase method was cash, monies will be refunded to the ticket purchaser only, on presentation of valid ID.
12. Where tickets are purchased through a third party authorised agent or authorised point of sale (not purchased directly through Ticketlink), monies will be refunded to the agent. It is the agents’ responsibility to return these monies to their customers.